Computer Help Forum, Free Online Technical Support    

SORRY - REGISTRATION CLOSED!

FORUM RULES

Lost SKU113.CAb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Help Forums Forum Index :: Windows Help and Troubleshooting
Stretch
Pending

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Lost SKU113.CAb Reply with quote

Hi..I recently installed and ran a clean up programme, Smart PC3, from a PC World free software disc.I am running XP Professional.
When trying to use Outlook the Microsoft installer window opens and I enventually get the message..."The required installation file SHU113.CAB cannot be found. I've Goggled it etc..but I only have a repair disk, not the original installation disks for Office 2003.Can anyone suggest a solution or help?
Many thanks.
Kiwi Stretch
Sponsor

Google Search

Web www.techjunkeez.com
statm1
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I can find out. Your problem is a somewhat common one. You cannot find that file on the Office CD either. The only solution that I could find is that people were saying that it doesnt want the Office CD, that it wants the Outlook CD and when they put that in and told it to look there it found it and went on its way. So, Im thinking that if you dont have the installation CDs then your basically out of luck.

And about that Smart PC3 program. I dont think thats what caused it. They are saying that its caused by updating Office through office update. And even if you havent updated office recently. I still highly doubt it was that program that caused your problem.

Anyway, Welcome to TechJunkeez and I hope this helps and you can fix your problem..
hotmale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this Microsoft article about dealing with missing *.CABs; it suggests a few workarounds Smile

They said it happens if the MSOCache folder is deleted. Since this "Smart PC" has a drive cleaning feature, perhaps it was trying to be too smart and deleted the folder. So it's possible although I'm sure.
Stretch
Pending

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: sku113.cab Reply with quote

Thanks for the help and the welcome.
I suspect the MSO cache has been deleted as I cannot locate it using this process..
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
3. Click the View tab.
4. Click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.
5. Clear the Hide file extensions for known file typescheck box Then using search/find files etc

My problem lies in the fact I bought a laptop from an authorised retailer in NZ and then shifted to Australia...so I am unable to easily access the source disks as I only have the MS recovery disks.

1)Is it possible for the retailer to email me the sku113.cab file etc?
2) Can I obtain it from another CD copy of Outlook 2003, my partner has one?
3) Is it obtainable from Microsoft?

Many thanks
Kiwi Stretch
hotmale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Possible
2) Yes, but it has to be an identical version (this is probably your best shot)
3) No

Hope this helps.
statm1
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I was wrong about your Smartpc application. Thanks Hotmale for digging deeper. And Stretch I hope thanks work out. Im sure if you reinstall/repair your outlook installation with your friends copy of Outlook 2003 then it should work.. And a sidenote.. The MSOcache isnt a hidden folder so if you didnt see it at first then its not there.. It is located on the root of the drive you installed office on.
hotmale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

statm1 wrote:
The MSOcache isnt a hidden folder so if you didnt see it at first then its not there.. It is located on the root of the drive you installed office on.

I'm not sure, but the MS KB article says it's hidden by default and I believe Stretch was following their instructions Smile
statm1
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats 0 for 2 this game.. Im doing pretty bad..lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Computer Help Forums Forum Index :: Windows Help and Troubleshooting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

luchshaya dieta
kitayskie telefony na 2 karty
seks po telefonu
seks po telefonu
kino online online kino kino online

This site is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.